Tuesday, March 11, 2008

18: The LAST word (but it wasn't Godmomma's!)

I didn't think I would hear back from Godmomma after my last email. I hoped I would (her completely absurd emails had been entertaining lately) to see what else she could pull from thin air with which to fight, but I guess even she knew she had nothing to say.

The [local mommies group] network administrator, K, did email me though (prompted by my sister however; none of these women have the social or administrative skills to act appropriately without being prodded). Notice that the email was total fluff. It addressed nothing; I had said repeatedly that I didn't want my membership to be reinstated. They clearly had nothing to say.

Here is K's email to me, informing me of the official and final decision about nothing other than my membership status. It was sent on 3/5/08 at 10:21PM. But please know that I am the intended recipient, so you are not allowed to read it. ;)

The decision to ban you and the others will remain. I am sorry if that was not the answer you were hoping for. The Board has based their decision on experience in handling over 70 other sites and their issues, the information you have sent and the evidence they reviewed previously. This decision is final and will remain.

Here is my response... sent (to [K], Godmomma, and [network] admin) on 3/31/08 at 10:59PM.
Hello, [K].

Thank you for letting me know of the outcome of my final review, although I assumed I would not be reinstated. As I indicated in my last email, I wasn't interested in being reinstated after all that has happened. While I appreciate your explanation of the reasoning behind the "final decision" that was made by the Board, it wasn't really necessary. [Godmomma] stated it clearly in her last email to me: "Any other reason deemed inappropriate in the reasonable opinion of [the network] Administration. [The network] also reserves the right to terminate the membership of any individual without cause or reason." While the first part of this quote is a sentence fragment and doesn't make sense, the second part is very clear. It's painfully obvious to many as well that this is what has happened.

Not an ounce of "proof" of the allegations against me has ever been provided, even after multiple requests. In my experience, proof has always been an important criterion in the decision-making process. Now that I see how [the network] is governed, things are making more sense, and proof, nor reason, seem to be part of its governance.

Thank you for your time, and be well.

Kristin [last name]

0 comments: