Wednesday, February 13, 2008

5: Horror-spondence

Many of the next few posts are going to include emails and explanations. The copies of emails from me that you are about to read are exact copies of emails (save a few spelling corrections… oops… and [minor adjustments to edit names]) that I sent to local and network management. You’ll see [network president]’s emails as well, although I am the intended recipient and these emails are for my use. As for you, well… you should not read them. ;)

I am not including copies of correspondence from the local mommies group management (aside from the initial notifications) because, well, I don’t have any. They hid behind the network on this, so I don’t have return correspondence from them.

As adults (and as adults in positions of leadership), I would think the members of management would want all of the information before making a decision. Unfortunately, that was not the case. In addition, “their” side of the story continued to be shared. The world became lopsided! Now it’s time to balance things out again. It’s time to share the rest of the story. Two of the other mommies have also blogged the story. Click here and here for Maria’s side, and click here for Jenee’s. And while we each have our own way of expressing ourselves, facts are facts. None of us have ever lied.

I pride myself on trying to be a mature, diplomatic, and open person. I don’t fight dirty unless there is a need (ie, unless that’s the only language the other parties speak). And let me tell you that over the course of the past month, there has definitely been a need. I’ve faught dirty before, and it can feel goooooood, but I don’t like myself like that. So although it’s come to that—to a down n’ dirty brawl, I have tried hard to maintain my composure. I have tried to see the scenario from different perspectives. I have kept an open mind and I have tried to empathize with every party (on my side AND theirs). I feel good that, although not all parties involved can say this, I maintained my composure throughout this entire debacle (and the irony is that my reputation and character above all others was the most unfairly and inaccurately tarnished). And since it was never asked, I repeatedly offered my side of the story as maturely, diplomatically, and openly as possible. Now it’s time for everyone to know what happened.

NOW everyone can make an educated decision about the situation. And I am open for questions, always.

0 comments: