Sunday, February 17, 2008

8: More specific... and more confused.

On 1/28/08 at 1:58PM, I received a reply from the local management, elaborating vaguely on the allegations. I was informed that I had been suspected of violating Rules #4 and 6, and that proof had been acquired. Here is the email. But please know that I am the intended recipient, so you are not allowed to read it. ;)

Kristie

Please pardon the delay in our reply. Our entire network was down yesterday so all [network] sites across the nation were inaccessible during this period, we apologize for the delay. Proper procedure has been followed by setting your account to pending so that all parties, including but not limited to officials of [the network], involved can communicate and make a decision.

Due to concerns of privacy and safety, we have been reviewing member accounts and yours was flagged due to a shared physical address as well as a shared IP address of another user account. As stated in our our site rules, members are prohibited from creating a bogus account or impersonating others.

[rule #6 was regurgitated]

[rule #4 was regurgitated]

We are looking forward to hearing from you regarding an explanation for creating multiple [local mommies group] accounts and for using these to post on the forums.

Thank you,
[local mommies group] Management Team

Here is my reply to that email, sent on 1/28/08 at 2:10PM:

Thank you for elaborating. I have been waiting for an explanation.

I can't answer your question until you tell me who you think I am impersonating???? Many of the mommies could have accessed [the site] from my computer, and I from theirs, over the course of the time I have been a member, which explains the shared IP addresses. But I assure you, I HAVE NEVER CREATED ANOTHER ACCOUNT ON [THE SITE]! [My username] is the only account I have with [the local mommies group]. The only one I have.

Please elaborate. Surely there must be more information that has lead you to believe and accuse me of breaking the rules. You mentioned a shared physical address-- do you mean another account has my mailing address too?? If so, I think I deserve to know what other account is using my address!!!!

PLEASE ADVISE, as soon as possible. I am both extremely upset and now extremely uncomfortable knowing that my mailing address could be compromised. My next-door neighbor ([her username]) is a member-- please check to see if it is the address on her account that is the same as mine, or vice versa. Perhaps there was a typo? She has DEFINITELY accessed [the site] from my computer.

Please contact me as soon as possible. I understand the protocol and appreciate your attempts at being thorough, but this is more than a rule that has allegedly been broken; this is also the potential end to a relationship with a community of which I have been an active and enthusiastic member for almost a year.

Thank you.

0 comments: